April 2, 2020 – The not-for-profit Integrated Delivery Network is gratefully accepting face masks sewn by members of the community. Donated masks will be used in accordance with the guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to be used by the healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If homemade face masks are being donated, they should be:
- Made from cloth fabric
- Length: 7 inches
- Width: 3½ inches
- Height of ear loop: 2½ inches
Find DIY Cloth Face Mask Instructions HERE
Find DIY Step by Step Video Instructions and free pattern HERE
Deliver to: the Health First Distribution Center, located at 7195 Waelti Drive, Melbourne, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please make sure these items are in new condition.
Donors are asked to take items to the warehouse and do the following:
- Park in the parking area
- Ring the bell
- Health First staff will bring cart vehicle if needed
- Count will be done or confirmed (count of how many of items brought by donor preferred)
- Items will be inspected for safety and sorted by type for use by hospitals and other facilities
- Donors should remain in their cars until the Health First staff can take the donations. If there is a line to ring the bell, please follow social distancing protocols and remain at least six feet apart.